Friday, July 18, 2008

Quotes from Paolo Coelho

I am a fan of his writings. Very brilliant and full of wisdom.
My sister posted a compilation of his words of wisdom. Here are my favorite food for the thought from her list.

*Everything tells me that I am about to make a wrong decision, but making mistakes is just part of life. What does the world want of me? Does it want me to take no risks, to go back to where I came from because I didn't have the courage to say "yes" to life?
Source: Eleven Minutes

*If you have a past with which you feel dissatisfied, then forget it, now. Imagine a new story for your life and believe in it.
Source: The Fifth Mountain

*It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn't matter what we call it; What matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over.
Source: Life

*When every day seems the same, it is because we have stopped noticing the good things that appear in our lives.
Source: Life

*You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen
Source: Life

*Stop thinking all the time that you're in the way, that you're bothering the person next to you. If people don't like it, they can complain. And if they don't have courage to complain, that's their problem
Source: The Zahir

*The secret lies in the present
- if you pay attention to the present,
you will be able to improve it.
And if you improve the present,
whatever happens afterwards will be better too.
Each day brings us Eternity.
Source: The Alchemist

*The best way to serve God is by going in search of your own dreams. Only the happy can spread happiness.
Source: By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept

*You will not find the treasure of your Personal Legend unless you want to live that Legend.
Source: The Alchemist

*Everyone has their own way of learning.
Source: The Alchemist

For more quotes from the works of Paolo Coelho, click on the link and see my sister's blog entry.

Link

What I'm reading right now? -- The Witch of Portabello by Paulo Coelho



No comments: